Sunday, August 15, 2010

I love daisies


It's time for a break from art and architecture.

When about 8-10 years old, I hated daisies as cut flowers ("cheapskate!"),...More......and this active disinterest lasted until fairly recently. Nevertheless, I remember noting daisy differences in the lawns around our house, even then, and even have dreamed about the different natural colors of daisies (my childhood predates artificial colors for real flowers).

The daisies crept up on me, though. Especially these little lawn daisies that pop up for about a month in spring, and which I look forward to seeing each year.

I really love them. I love their delicacy, their bright and clean colors, their happy little faces, their promise of summer.

I snapped this shot on April 30, 2006, at 5 P.M.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...