Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Snippet of historic green


Milan is an important urban center. That means more cement than grass. It doesn't mean, however, grass-less. Bird's eye views of Milan show parks and pockets of green. Here's one of my favorites cut between the 15th century hospital, now seat of Milan's state university, on the left and on the right the Early Christian cemetery behind San Nazaro, one of Christendom's oldest churches, both subjects of future posts.

Coming from a part of the world where the weather was almost always a variant of "nice" as I did, watching the sneaking up, bursting out, glorying and withering away of each of the four seasons still enchants me.

This little walkway, which I have been taking at least once a week for about 5 years, gives me this wonderful opportunity.

I took this photo on the 8th of April, 2007, at 4 P.M.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...