Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summertime Music in Milan


Music in Milan...maybe our festivals aren't as world renowned as others, but Milan keeps its musical head up high, and I'm not just talkin' the La Scala theater....More......

Want summertime music, culture and sports in the lovely central Sempione Park? Look no further (it's even in English, yeah!): Verde Estate 2012.

Like contemporary 'classical' music? (You're a braver soul than I am....) Big sponsors behind this one, so it's bound to be lush...even if the pages are only in Italian (booooo!): http://www.milanomusica.org/

Like 'antique' music (more my style...maybe we'll run into each other at one of these events): Milano arte musica. (The web page with their extensive schedule is only in Italian--booooo!, but if you're a classical music fan, you'll probably know a smattering of these Italian words, enough to help you choose a violin concert with music by Bach).

It's not even vacation time, yet, and I'm already thinking of fall...if you like music, and you'll be in Milan or Turin in September, you'll thank me for my diligence.

The 6th MI-TO music festival will be held in Milan and Turin (Torino) from the 5th to the 23rd of September.

Some of the events are free, lots are fee-based, there's a special shuttle service that goes between the two cities, and...they even have an English version website (yeah!): http://www.mitosettembremusica.it/en/programma/2012/edizione-2012-en.html.

That should keep your toes tappin'.

Enjoy!

(My photo: an antique instrument at the Bagatti Valsecchi Museum, http://www.museobagattivalsecchi.org)

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Love free summer music. I always look forward to it in my part of the world.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...