Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas lights in Milan

Christmas lighting in Italy is a big disappointment for those, like me, accustomed to more. The street decorations are paid for by the merchants on the streets and/or by the city, I'm told. There are the electric bills, too...pretty darn high in Italy. Results? Especially in lean times, leaner street decorations. This one, one of my all-time Italian favorites, was in Piazza Missori a few years ago, so here it is for you to enjoy. Since I'm out so little in the evenings, and never with my camera, they're downloaded from the cell phone, hence the less than brilliant resolution. I'll try to get myself out after dark--that's a sacrifice!--to get some snaps this year, just for you. (I said "I'll try....")

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...