Saturday, February 25, 2012

Neo-Romanesque fun on via Boscovich

Like a bit of fun kitsch now and then?...More......












How about a lizard gargoyle, or two?












Head off to via Boscovich 32, and what I'm thinking was the Milanese headquarters of the French movie company, Pathé, at the turn-of-the-century.

Reminds me of the Berri-Meregalli palazzo by Arata (1911-1914) on the corner of via Mozart and via Cappuccini. He's the same architect also responsible for the original early 20th century design for the Stazione Centrale...before the project got stalled and was modified before being realized.

I snapped these photos with you in mind this morning around 9 A.M.-ish.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I love gargoyles. Did you know there is a Darth Vader one on the National Cathedral in Washington DC

Star said...

No, I didn't know that. How fun!

Allen said...

I love that building too. It was indeed the Italian headquarters of thew Pathé film company, and I'm told it also housed the actual studios and sound stages. It's on the corner of Via Settembrini and the Façade is indeed on Via Settembrini. It's rather blackened by pollution but an impressive piece of "ghostbusters" architecture nonetheless. One of the fines in Milan actually.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...