Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Why not? A full view of Piacentini's INPS building


As long as I am mentioning Marcello Piacentini's 1929-31 building located in Piazza Missori for the (then new) Italian national pension fund, INPS, I thought I'd might as well share a shot of the whole building. It's one of my absolute favorites in Milan. A good balance--in my opinion--between stern rationalism and heart-warming tradition.

I shot this image on August 27, 2004, at 11:45 A.M.

For more on the building and its decoration, go to my recent post: http://mymilanitaly.blogspot.com/2010/09/amor-m-piacentini-inps-piazza-missori.html

1 comment:

etta said...

Thank you. We are used to walking absent-mindedly and we hardly recognize the buildings, even if they are along our daily route. Your comments, your love for art and architecture urge us to look at Milan with different eyes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...